- My best food is not what people think it is. They take my most talked about food for my favorite food. Do you know my best food?
- I rarely can sleep without a cover cloth, aka aso ibora. You know those mothers wrappers. It must have started as a child. I used to be very scared, and the only way to feel safe was to wrap myself around such that there’s no single opening.
- Since I was young and now I’m old, I’ve rarely eaten more than 4 slices of bread at a time. I could eat a whole loaf in bits, though.
- I have no issues with people who say “in Addy”. In fact, I don’t understand the fuss about it. Many English words didn’t exist at a time in the dictionary but after several uses. So let’s all calm down.
- In the same way, I love slangs. They are creative linguistic expressions to me. The difference is if I don’t agree with its underlying connotation.
- One of my greatest fears of marriage is that I am not a perfect man. I fear that my imperfections will betray the many great things about me, and my spouse may be disappointed.
- When people ask for my opinion, I always have three. One, what I think they want to hear or what’s popular. Two, my sincere opinion but worded in an appealing and understandable manner. Third, my raw undiluted opinion.
- These days, when I don’t quite agree with an opinion and I don’t want to reject it at first I say “Interesting.” “I find that fascinating”. When I am not going to agree with an obviously obnoxious and difficult person, I say “Okay”. But when I love, agree with, and am willing to learn more
- No matter how annoying those trumpets and saxophone birthday surprises can be, it will never overshadow the feeling of being celebrated by a loved one, nor take away my appreciation. The thought really counts for me. I mean, people have to think you are worthy of the stress and public display. Let me experience it first, I may review it later.
- I’m single. And sometimes, I’m just scared about this whole thing.
- The first thing I ever wanted to be in my life, as a child, was a Lawyer. It wasn’t by some mystical knowing, every other kid had something and I wanted to too. Law was the closest explanation I had.
- I wrote my first Jamb out of necessity. I couldn’t find that one course that captured what I wanted to be. I had several options.
- I rarely lick sweet. I chew them…like every time.
- I don’t get triggered when people miscall my name. I know people who call me ‘Sola’, my brother’s name. I know people who call me Isinmi instead of Imisi. Some people call me Kunle. In fact, I let people give me their own nicknames that work for them. As long as I know I’m the one they call, I just smile and respond.
I am theimisiOluwa; and yes, that’s me.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.