Five Ways to Win My Heart | 30 Days Writing Challenge | Day Six
I guess this will be like an opposite of my pet-peeves. To win my heart is easy. I know people will be expecting to find some popular things about me here, like: be able to sing, or buy me ẹ̀wà àgànyìn or bọ̀ọ̀lì, etc. I think I, more readily, get impressed by the little things people do.
- Be a sincere person: yes, for some reasons I rate this over perfection. And I’m talking genuine sincerity here, not some pseudo kinda thing. If you are someone who recognizes and admits truth, I’ll be easily be myself with you. Be true to yourself.
- Be kind: If you show kindness to others, you have gotten me. And what is kindness to me, you recognize that you are valuable and worthy of love, understanding, and honor, and you realize others deserve the same too. My closest friends are the kindest people I know. And I respect them.
- Be reasonable: The ability to recognize truth and admit it, irrespective of, and without denying what side you are on, gets me all the time. You don’t have to agree with me, you don’t have to see what I see, but at least, admit that I’m not silly for seeing this way. I’ll always prefer a woman who can tell me “there’s something on my mind, but I don’t want to talk about it now, I’ll talk about it in the morning. I just need some time. And I don’t want you to worry.” over one who sums everything up into “nothing” and yet, is visibly weighed down or later accuses me of not insisting. Let’s be reasonable.
- Say good words: do not withhold those words from me or people. Be deliberate about it. Don’t wait till you feel it, just let it be the truth. Be the reason others smile. Be the reason others feel accepted and worthy. Just be a light. You can joke, but don’t be careless with your words.
- Choose to be with me: I have friends who have chosen to be with me over and over again, through the years. They have my heart always.
I don’t any other one again. The above are the core ways. Others build on these.
I am the ImisiOluwa; Òyá, come and win my heart o.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.